I scoured the web today for ideas on how to use our CSA bounty in the most delicious & creative ways. Tonight’s dinner was quick, easy, and definitely lived up to the expectation of being delicious.
The nutty brown butter sage sauce was a perfect complement to the earthy, sharp flavor in the tatsoi greens. I overdid it with the red pepper flakes, though – I love love love spicy things, but it overwhelmed the delicate sage flavor. The fresh lemon squeeze is a must to cut the heaviness of the brown butter.
Pasta with tatsoi greens in a sage brown butter sauce
Adapted from Appetite for China
1 package pasta
1 stick unsalted butter
1 scape, chopped
2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper
1 bunch Tatsoi greens, chopped
Fresh lemon juice, shredded parmesan for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well.
- When the pasta is almost done, add butter to a large skillet and let it foam and begin to brown.
- Add scape and sage, cook one minute.
- Add mushrooms, cook 30 seconds.
- Add thoroughly drained pasta, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir and let brown, turning every few minutes to ensure even browning.
- Add Tatsoi greens and cook, stirring, one to two minutes or until soft and wilted.
- Serve hot with Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.